Revive Employee Support
|Posted on December 31, 2018 at 5:55 PM|
1. Sleep more. It’s very common in our society to exist on less than 6 hours of
sleep a night. But experts keep telling us we need at least 8 hours. Not just to
rest our bodies, but to rejuvenate our minds. “Tired” and “cranky” seem to go
hand in hand. Don’t use your bedroom to watch the news or finish up some work
from the office. Make that room your haven, a place to relax and escape the
day. Have a hot cup of tea, take a warm bath, or read a paperback to help you
2. Have faith. Saying a short prayer in times of stress can give you a sense of calm, especially when the situation is one you really have no control over. Studies have shown that people who trust in a higher power have lower blood pressure. Being able to forgive people also can affect your blood pressure. Holding a grudge is not good for your health!
3. Turn it off. The convenience that cell phones have added to our lives can actually be a double-edged sword. We depend on them so much it seems we can’t live without them. This increased accessibility means not only can our loved ones reach us at any time, but so can work. If your employer legitimately needs to have your cell phone number, make sure you set clear limits on when you can and cannot be reached. Your time off is yours.
4. Take a holiday. It doesn’t have to be a fancy vacation resort. A day at the beach, or an afternoon at the park will do. Just anywhere you can be and not think about the bills, work, or whatever tensions you may have. It’s important to take time for yourself, so do it! You’ll feel better with a fresh outlook.
5. Treat yourself. Sign up for a yoga class at your local gym or community center. The costs are nominal, and you’ll feel more relaxed after even just one session. A monthly massage or a spa treatment is also a great way to recharge. You’ll walk out feeling like a million dollar bowl of jelly.
Stress is unavoidable. But what we do about it is up to us. Experiment with these suggestions and see what works for you!